Isaiah 42:16

"I will lead the blind by ways they have not known, along unfamiliar paths...I will turn the darkness into light before them and make the rough places smooth. These are the things I will do; I will not forsake them." Isaiah 42:16

Saturday, August 18, 2012

The "Body of Christ" gets dirty!!

What a gift the Lord gave us when He taught His disciples to gather together as the Body of Christ…not just to worship but to care for each other. I was very cared for today….A large group of friends and family came over to work in our yard and woods all morning! The majority of the group was made up of young marrieds from the two classes Pete and I have invested in the past few years. How they honored Pete by taking care of me! They cut down trees, washed windows, pressure washed the deck, cut shrubbery, edged flower beds, weeded, got mulch, cleared woods, trimmed limbs, blew off the roof, cut up roots…and hauled about 20 loads of tree limbs and logs to the dump! The guys said my name was “mud” at the dump station near our house!





All was going well until I came around to the front of the house and saw one of our Clemson guys trying to shape one of our bushes into a tiger! I am sure Pete was up in Heaven trying his best to talk Jesus into letting him zap him with a lightning bolt! Ha!


As these guys were discussing whether or not to tie loads down and usually making an effort to do so, I could just "hear" Pete, my ultimate Boy Scout knot-tying man, saying, "Of course, you need to tie your load down! What kind of knot is that you are tying? That's the worst I have ever seen!" Ha!

Scripture tells us to “take care of the widows”. I am not liking thinking of myself as a widow….but this week, I actually had to fill out some paperwork and check “widow” for the first time. That brought another tear to my eye! Widows do need your help….so if there is one in your life, please minister to her as these folks ministered to me today. It isn’t always easy to admit when we need help and sometimes we need someone to say, “What can I do for you?” All of us have different needs….my need for help with the yard was met today by many hands, smiles and strong backs! Pete used to call days when we would work hard physically for ourselves or for someone else “4 Advil days”! This was definitely a 4 Advil day for me….and a heating pad night!




I don’t know what God allows our loved ones in Heaven to see but I do hope Pete was able to see all this taking place today. I know it would have put that huge grin of his on his face! Thank you, guys, for loving Pete and me today with your care!

2 comments:

  1. I just love this. I know how much it means to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! It looks like they really cleared out your woods! I can't wait to see it- are you going to have a lot more sunshine on your deck now? What a great place for quiet time!

    ReplyDelete