Isaiah 42:16

"I will lead the blind by ways they have not known, along unfamiliar paths...I will turn the darkness into light before them and make the rough places smooth. These are the things I will do; I will not forsake them." Isaiah 42:16

Monday, October 22, 2012

New life on the 22nd!

I think Pete has been whispering in God’s ear! I am sure he convinced God to send me a gift today! A few weeks ago, one of our precious young moms in one of our young married Sunday School classes told me that their little girl was expected on Oct 22nd. I smiled at her and said, “Oh, that would be special news to me! It would give me something to rejoice about on the 22ndinstead of just being sad about it being the 4 month anniversary of Pete going home.” A few days ago, this mom, who loved Pete dearly, wrote me to say she had been thinking about what I said and it made her happy to think about Pete “helping” to send AudreyAnna to us all on the 22nd. Sure enough…she came bright and early this morning! She doesn’t know it yet, but she will always be “AudreyAnnaPete” to me and will bring a smile to my face!

Welcome to our world, AudreyAnnaPete!

Later today, the husband of another one of our precious young couples called to check on me and see if the guys needed to come and help me in the yard again. While we were on the phone, he said, “I want you to know that our son (who is almost 4) prays for you every single night and has since Pete died!” Now, this sweet young boy doesn’t really know me…but he knew his parents loved Pete and me and were so sad when Pete died….and his tender heart heard them pray for me and took hold of that thought and now initiates it every night! How God blesses us when we don’t even know it! And how precious of young parents to teach their children to “stand in the gap” at a young age for those who need prayer. That is the power and the gift of the church body, the “Body of Christ”!

 

An old hymn has been rattling around in my mind and heart all week. It has been a tough week of misty eyes, sweet memories, and extra sadness in missing Pete…While walking at the beach last weekend, I took this picture of the waves crashing wildly upon the shore! A part of an old hymn, “When sorrows like sea billows roll” kept running through my mind but I couldn’t remember the rest of it. A dear friend reminded me it was “It is well with my soul”. My first thought was, “Well, it is NOT well with my soul, that is for sure! I am too sad and too hurt for it to be well!” But then the more I thought about it, I realized it WAS well with my soul. I love my Lord and I trust Him completely with Pete’s life and my life. So even though I still deeply grieve here on earth with missing Pete, my soul…my love for Jesus, my thankfulness for all He has given and done for me, my peace in the midst of my sorrow… is well.

When peace, like a river, attendeth my way,
when sorrows like sea billows roll;
whatever my lot, thou hast taught me to say,
It is well, it is well with my soul.
Though Satan should buffet, though trials should come,
let this blest assurance control,
that Christ has regarded my helpless estate,
and hath shed his own blood for my soul.
My sin, oh, the bliss of this glorious thought!
My sin, not in part but the whole,
is nailed to the cross, and I bear it no more,
praise the Lord, praise the Lord, O my soul!
It is well with my soul,
It is well, it is well with my soul.
 
“Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication,
with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the
peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your
hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4:6-7

 All who sail the sea of faith , find out before too long
How quickly blue skies can grow dark  and gentle winds grow strong
Suddenly fear is like white water pounding on the soul
Still we sail on knowing that our Lord is in control.
Sometimes He calms the storm with a whispered peace be still
He can settle any sea But it doesn't mean He will.
Sometimes He holds us close and lets the wind and waves go wild
Sometimes He calms the storm and other times He calms His child.
He has a reason for each trial that we pass through in life
And though we're shaken we cannot be pulled apart from Christ.
No matter how the driving rain beats down on those who hold to faith
A heart of trust will always be a quiet peaceful place. (Scott Krippayne)

 It is well, It is well with my soul!

1 comment:

  1. Brenda, do you know the story of the song "It is Well With my Soul"? If not look it up. You will be amazed. Love You! Linda

    ReplyDelete