Isaiah 42:16

"I will lead the blind by ways they have not known, along unfamiliar paths...I will turn the darkness into light before them and make the rough places smooth. These are the things I will do; I will not forsake them." Isaiah 42:16

Saturday, July 14, 2012

Take the next step!

When I read the devotional in Jesus Calling this morning, I knew it was for me! But I have a feeling, it may be for some of you, too, in whatever place you find yourself this morning. God has always had a way of using music and books in my life to speak truths to me. Listen to this...

"Keep walking with Me along the path I have chosen for you. Your desire to live close to Me is a delight to My heart. I could instantly grant you the spiritual riches you desire, but that is not My way for you. Together we will forge a pathway up the high mountain. The journey is arduous at times, and you are weak. Someday you will dance lightfooted on the high peaks; but for now, your walk is often plodding and heavy. All I require of you is to take the next step, clinging to My hand for strength and direction. Though the path is difficult and the scenery dull at the moment, there are sparkling surprises just around the bend. Stay on the path I have selected for you. It is truly the path of Life."

When people have asked me "How are you?", I have asked them, "Can you be ok and not ok at the same time?" I feel like I am ok, then something happens to remind me of Pete, I cry, then wipe my tears and take the next step. Then I am ok, something happens to remind me of Pete, I cry, then wipe my tears and take the next step.

Our youngest grandchild will be two in October. He is all boy and full of fun and laughter! He does not show any fear right now which could mean we have a long road ahead of us in the doctor's office with broken limbs! This picture of him fearlessly going through a tunnel at the park amazed me! He was so trusting that Mom or Dad were going to be at the other end when he got there! He could not get down from that tunnel without their help!



 Do I trust that God is not only there in the tunnel with me but He will be there holding my hand and helping me when I get to the other end of the tunnel? That He will make a path where I cannot see a path? I do believe that with all my heart...and I hope you do, too. I know all of us have these hard eucharisteo times...May this devotional thought and scripture be a blessing to you today as it was to me!

"Behold, I will do something new, Now it will spring forth; Will you not be aware of it? I will even make a roadway in the wilderness, rivers in the desert."  Isaiah 43:19

"You will show me the path of life; In Your presence is fullness of joy; At Your right hand are pleasures forevermore." Psalm 16:11

"If the Lord delights in a man's way, He makes his steps firm; through he stumble, he will not fall, for the Lord upholds him with His hand." Psalm 37:23-24

                                                            Take the next step!

2 comments:

  1. I heard the song "Held" this morning by Natalie Grant and prayed for you, that you will feel Him holding you through these days. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved being able to hug you in the hall this morning. I am also using "Jesus Calling" because you sweet ladies recommended it to us last summer during our "Girls with Pearls" and I thought of you when I read this Saturday :) Keep Walking sweet thing! Continuing to pray for you as put one front in front of the other - clinging to the hand of our sweet Savior. Love you!
    Christy

    ReplyDelete